3D Audio Content Creation Software
The Auro-3D® Authoring Tools are your number one choice for the creation of native 3D audio content. Each plug-in is designed to be easily integrated into any existing content-creation workflow, while solving many technical limitations present in DAW stations. All tools allow the creative to work within the uncompressed audio domain, and multiple masters can be mixed at the same time. This makes Auro-3D® Authoring Tools™ the most flexible and most efficient solution on the market.
The Auro-Panner™ enables 3D panning, replacing the DAW’s panner when working in Auro-3D®. The panned information is sent to the Auro-Bus plug-in.
The Auro-Bus collects panned information from a number of Auro-Panners to form a subgroup or stem. All connected Auro-Panners can be summed, leveled, and their downfold settings can be adjusted in case a planar target configuration is required.
The Auro-Mixing Engine sets the target Auro-3D® configuration and controls how all connected AuroBuses are mixed. It displays the level of all channels in the Auro-3D® field, and outputs a downmix to the DAW track on which it is inserted, and a mix and downmix to the connected Auro-Return plug-ins.
The Auro-DMix Control lets the mixing engineer dynamically downmix all channels in an Auro-3D® configuration to the (Auro-Encoded) Surround format.
The Auro-Return delivers the channels from the Auro-Mixing Engine to the DAW. The Height and Lower layers are typically delivered to two separate multichannel tracks, each with its own Auro-Return instance. The Auro-Return plug-in also allows monitoring/printing of downmix and stems.
The Auro-Encoder controls are embedded in the Encoder tab of the Auro-Mixing Engine plug-in. The Auro-Codec® encodes multiple PCM channels to create a PCM-downmix that can be decoded by the Auro-Codec® Decoder. There is no signal, degradation nor loss of audio quality. Digital Cinema encoded formats comply with DCI specifications.
A3DHost runs as a background process and forms the core of the Auro-3D® Ecosystem to which all plugins are connected. The A3DHost architecture has made it possible to surmount the industry’s eightchannel track limitation, allowing to create the more sophisticated Auro-3D® formats.
The Auro-Settings application (accessible through the Mac menu bar and the Windows system tray) enables the user to specify the Solo behavior for Auro plug-ins and the software architecture of the DAW used for the Auro-3D® Authoring Tools™.
- Enables easy creation of native 3D audio content, in parallel to legacy format mixes (Mono/Stereo/Surround). Each plug-in implements a distinct functionality and was designed to easily integrate into any existing content-creation workflow
- Simultaneous mixing of multiple masters within the uncompressed audio domain
- Auro-Panner™ opens up vector based panning of sound sources in a real three-dimensional space using x, y and z coordinates
- unique A3DHost architecture and Auro-Return plug-ins surmount the eight-channel track limitation of industry standard DAWs
- All Auro-3D® formats are backwards compatible with and are correctly played back in any existing non-3D speaker configuration, thanks to the Auro-DMix Control plug-in
- Encoding support for all Auro-3D® formats through the Auro-Encoder plug-in
- Quality Control and play back of Auro-encoded content using the Auro-Codec® reference Decoder plug-in
- The Fader Link feature allows the Pro Tools fader, solo and mute buttons to control the Auro Panner fader, solo and mute buttons. Additionally, X/Y panning can also be linked to the Pro Tools X/Y panning controls.
- 96 kHz Support
- Existing discrete printmasters can be encoded offline, without the need for a playback pass
- Faster encoding for BluRay profiles
- Available as AAX plugin for Pro Tools 10 and higher, running on OS X 10.8 and higher