The SR24 is a two-channel, four-band equalizer in a two-rack-space chassis. With a dedicated knob and/or switch for each control function, the SR24 is easy to use; by utilizing continuously variable controls for both the frequency and boost/cut, the SR24 can be very precise in applying equalization to the selected audio material.
The SR24 circuit design is deeply rooted in API’s history. From the late 1970s to the early 1980s, an audio company called “APSI” manufactured consoles and equalizers. Their 562 module was a 4-band, fully parametric equalizer that was designed by APSI and sold through API. Over the last several decades, these EQ modules remained a favorite among many studio engineers, but have become increasingly difficult to find. The SR24 is a faithfully re-engineered version of the original 562, offering the user 2 channels of classic analog EQ in one rackmount unit.
- 4 bands of equalization modeled after the classic APSI model 562 EQ
- Each band offers continuously variable control of frequency and gain, using separate knobs
- 12 dB of boost/cut per band
- All 4 bands are peak/dipping parametric configuration
- Custom transformer balanced output
- Fully balanced ¼” and XLR input and output
- Massive headroom +24 dB clip level