API successfully debuted THE BOX Console over five years ago, and its highly desirable large console sound in a compact footprint has become a favorite choice of audio pros worldwide — from commercial production facilities to home studio operations.
The newest version of the award-winning BOX Console provides even more options and flexibility for modern studio workflow. Offering a total of eight input channels and eight 500 Series slots, the updated BOX Console also features LED metering for each of its 24 summing channels. The new BOX Console provides the same comprehensive rear panel connections, full center section and monitoring as its predecessor, as well as the 0dB bypass switch on each summing channel — a feature so popular it was included in the design of API’s new 1608-II and 2448 consoles.
THE BOX is API’s small-format solution for any studio where space or budget is limited. Using the same circuitry and components as all other API consoles (including the Vision and Legacy AXS), THE BOX provides the signature analog sound and performance users have come to expect from API. Designed and optimized for the digital era, THE BOX handles all the functions needed for production not provided by most DAWs, including mic preamps, input signal processing, high-quality mix bus, cue sends with talkback, monitor control and more. Most importantly, THE BOX offers the legendary API sound in an efficient, cost-effective package.
- Eight (8) input channels with Mic Preamp, Line Input and Hi Pass Filter
- Eight (8) 500 Series slots (1 per input channel)
- Direct Out on Input Channels
- On-Board Stereo Bus Compressor w/ ability to assign to program bus or input channels 1-4
- Instrument Direct Inputs on channels 1-4
- Sixteen (16) summing channels (24 channels during mix)
- 0dB bypass switch for each summing channel
- 4-Segment LED Metering on each summing channel
- Stereo program bus with master fader, insert, and external input
- One (1) stereo and (2) mono auxiliary sends/buses
- Stereo cue send/bus & headphone system
- PFL, AFL, and Solo-In-Place solo modes with stereo solo bus
- Full-featured monitor section that supports two stereo monitor systems
- Talkback system
- Comprehensive rear panel connections with balanced inputs and outputs
- Integrated power supply