In response to high market demand for built-in signal attenuation, API announces the new 512v Microphone Preamp. Incorporating every feature of the 512c, including API’s proprietary transformers and 2520 op amp, the new 512v also includes a variable output level control designed to meet the needs of audio professionals using DAW’s or other input level-sensitive devices in their workflow.
The 512v offers 65 dB of gain as a mic preamp, 45 dB of gain as a line/instrument preamp, and a 20 dB pad switch that can be applied to the incoming signal (whether mic, line or instrument). The 512v also features a 3:1 output transformer tap switch that produces a lower output level, allowing the user the option of driving the transformer harder to achieve higher levels of saturation. Also included are front and back panel mic input access, front panel combo-style XLR + 1/4 inch line/instrument input, an LED VU meter for gain level indication, 48v Phantom power switch, all built around the traditional API circuit design.
The 512v effectively eliminates the need for third party attenuators, and produces the same warm, analog signal that audio professionals expect from API. Like all API products, the 512v features API’s original 5 year warranty.
• Mic Preamp with 65 dB of gain
• Variable Output Level Control from 65 dB to -∞
• 3:1 Output Transformer Tap selection
• Front and Back Panel Mic Input Access
• Line/Instrument Preamp with 45 dB of gain
• Front Panel Combo-style XLR + 1/4 inch Line/Instrument Input
• LED VU meter for Gain Level Indication
• 20 dB pad switch, applies to mic/line/instrument
• 48v Phantom switchable power
• Traditional API circuit design
• Features API’s unique Five Year Warranty