Antelope MP32 32-Channel Mic/Line Preamp
$2,995.00 – $5,495.00
32-Channel microphone preamp.
32-channel Microphone Preamp
Antelope MP32 features 32 console-grade preamps with USB software remote control and front-panel access via combo jacks in a 2U rackmountable chassis
Antelope was the first to make 32 affordable channels of high-quality conversion available for home and professional studios. An excellent companion for 32-channel analog summing units for mixers, but what about recording? That’s where the Antelope MP32 comes in. Rather than spend anywhere from $16k to $32k or more for a full 32-channel recording and mixing studio, Antelope marries affordability with quality once again with the MP32, a 32-channel, software-controllable preamp that makes the perfect complement to the Orion32 and Thunderbolt-enabled Orion32+ AD/DA converters. The Antelope MP32 features Antelope Audio’s exciting new approach to analog circuit design, which has garnered rave reviews by top audio professionals.
Antelope MP32 in one take:
- 32 console-grade, Class A mic/line dual stage preamplifiers
- 4 mic/line Hi-Z dual-stage preamp inputs
- Independently assignable +48V phantom power
- 4 DB-25 output connectors (32-channel outs)
- Full-speed USB interface for Windows and Mac OS-compatible software control panel
- Software Control Panel includes input types, precision level adjustment +/-1dB,
- 4 channels Hi-Z control, +48V phantom power, routing, and presets
INSIDE THE BOX—Antelope MP32
32 open and transparent preamps
MP32 features 32 class-A mic pres with phantom power, each dual stage with line inputs. Channels 1-4 can operate as Hi-Z instrument inputs. All inputs are front-panel XLR combos jacks. The sound quality of the preamps is both open and transparent, but never sterile. The thinking behind the preamps is to provide the most transparent and uncolored sound possible, so that you can add the character you want down the line (with Antelope’s FPGA effects for example). After all, you can add color after the fact, but you can’t remove what’s recorded. The MP32 offers excellent headroom and up to 68dB of gain in 1dB steps, more than enough to power even the lowest-sensitivity ribbon mics, while maintaining ultra-low THD+N (-110.5 dB).
Comprehensive software control panel
To keep the front panel clean in order pack 32 channels into a 2U chassis, the MP32 uses software control accessible via a fast USB interface compatible with OS X and Windows. Not only does offer the convenience of setting parameters without leaving your sweet spot, it provides precision fast set up and easy fine-tuning of individual mic preamp gain, as well as the independent assignment of phantom power and mic/line/Hi-Z switching. Complex gain structure and preamp settings are recallable by the user-defined presets. In addition, individual V/U style metering allows for analog console-style signal confirmation at a glance of the control panel.
OUTSIDE THE BOX—Antelope MP32
A study in elegant simplicity, the front panel of the MP32 has 32 XLR/1/4″ TRS combo jacks, 1 – 4 mic/DI, 5 – 32 mic/line, and a power indicator light. The rear panel has four DB-25 output connectors (TASCAM), universal IEC connector for international use, and USB port.
Whether you’re dealing with a space-challenged studio or building a quality compact and convenient 3U mobile recording rig, when combined with the Antelope’s Orion32 and Orion 32+ interfaces, the MP32 ensures a transparent 32-channel system from mic pre through the conversion, all with Antelope’s signature sound. For more information, call or chat online with your Westlake Pro Sales Consultant.
Antelope MP32 specifications:
- 32 channels Mic/Line on XLR Combos on the front panel;
- 1-4 of 32 channels are (HiZ) – Instrument selectable XLR Combos on the front;
XLR Combos Analog:
- Mic (XLR only): 20dBu max balanced @ 2Kohm
- Line (1/4 only): 29dBu max balanced @ 13K (to gnd)
- Hi-Z (1/4 only): 20dBu max unbalanced @ 1,1M ohm
32 x Lines on 4 x D-SUB 25 (32 channels), 26dBu max balanced @50 ohm
USB 2.0 Full-Speed Type B: For use with the software control panel
Dimensions (W x H x D): 19″ 3-1/2″ 8-5/16″ (482 x 88 x 210 mm)
Mic Preamp Gain
- Mic Pre: 5 to 13dB in one 8dB step, 13 to 68dB in 1dB steps
- Line: -9 to 20dB in 1dB steps
- Hi-z 4 to 40dB in 1dB steps
- THD + N: 110.5dB
- EIN: -129dBu
- Operating temperature: 0-50°C, 32-122°F
- Weight: 13 lb. (6 kg) approx.
- AC Universal Input: 95-264V, 50 or 60Hz
- Power Consumption: 44 watts max
- OS: Windows 7/8/8.1/10
- Disk Space: Minimum 512 MB available disk space
- USB: 1x USB 2.0 Port
- Required USB bandwidth (for firmware update): 80%-90%
- CPU: Intel or AMD equivalent CPU with at least 2GHz operating frequency
- Memory (RAM): 4GB Minimum (8GB or more Recommended)
- OS X: 10.9/10.10/10.11/10.12 (Sierra Recommended)
- Disk Space: Minimum 512 MB available disk space
- USB: 1x USB 2.0/3.0 Port
- Required USB bandwidth: 80%-90%
- Memory(RAM): 4GB Minimum (8GB or more recommended)
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo (Minimum) Intel Core i3 or higher (Recommended)
|Dimensions||26 x 14 x 18 in|
|Pro Tools HD||
MP32, Orion 32+ and MP32