Amphion Amp100 – Stereo
Stereo amplifier 2x100W
The Amphion Amp100 is a high-headroom, 2x100W at 8 ohm power amplifier custom-built for Amphion One12, One15, and One18 passive studio monitors
The Amphion Amp100 stereo amplifier features Marten’s patented adaptive modulation servo amplifier technology, which provides wide bandwidth, ultra low distortion, and high power output. With accurate resolution across the frequency spectrum, a dynamic range of 115dB, and 100 watts per channel, the Amphion Amp100 is hand-crafted to critical specs, with nothing but the finest components. An essential partner for the Amphion One12, One15, and One18 passive monitors, it features two Neutrik XLR inputs, 3-way binding posts for banana connector, bare wire or spades, and an input voltage auto select between 115V and 230V for international use. If you’ve made the quantum leap to Amphion’s high-end monitors, the Amp100 is the power amp of choice.
Amphion Amp100 Stereo Amplifier in one take:
- 100-watt per channel stereo amp
- 2 x Neutrik XLR inputs
- 115dB dynamic range for plenty of headroom
- 3-way binding posts (banana connector, bare wire, spade)
- Auto input voltage select (115V/230V)
- Handmade in Finland to exacting specifications
Advantages of passive monitors and external amps
While self-powered studio monitors have come to the forefront, due to convenience and budgetary considerations for the home or project studio, they come with tradeoffs. There are several advantages to using passive monitors with an external power amp. For starters, the power amp is external, which means no electrical noise will be interfering with speaker components. Usually, to keep costs down, cheaper components are used in in self-powered monitors to keep costs down. Space becomes an issue as well.
Building an amp into a cabinet requires some gymnastics to avoid compromising the cabinet’s acoustics, plus, the amp components have to fit into a small space. As such, manufacturers tend to use lighter amps to keep the monitor’s weight from being unmanageable. In passive systems, higher quality components can be used for both power amp and monitor, with far less compromise to the design of either thanks to the additional space. In short, the requirements of building a monitor don’t place unnecessary demands on the design of the power amp, and vice versa.
Handmade in Finland to exacting specifications
Amphion comprises a small, dedicated team of highly skilled craftsmen and technicians who are passionate about music and sound. All Amphion monitors and amplifiers are meticulously hand-built to impeccable standards, with high specs and tolerances. The result is a range of high-end monitors that enable audio professionals to focus on the mix, not the sound of the speaker.
Who’s using Amphion?
Among the growing list of mixers, engineers, sound editors, and composers taken with the Amphion sound, are pro audio luminaries such as Dave Pensado, Jacquire King, multiple Grammy winner Dave Reitzas, BAFTA award-winning composer, Jasper Kyd, and the legendary Bruce Swedien, engineer and mixer of the world’s best-selling album, Michael Jackson’s Thriller (which, by the way, was recorded right here at our very own Westlake Studios).
Amphion Amp100 Stereo Amplifier specifications:
- Power: 2x100W into 8 ohm @ 1% THD; 50W RMS @ 4 ohm; 120W Bridge tied load (BTL) into 6 ohm @ 1% THD
- Amp technology: Patented AMS (adaptive modulation servo) amplifier technology
- Load-independent frequency range: 100kHz (-3dB)
- THD vs. frequency: Almost flat
- Dynamic range: 115dB
- Output impedance: <10M ohm 20Hz – 20kHz
- Mains: Automatic voltage doubler for universal use (115/230V)
- Certification: CE, EuP, and Energy Star
- +/-14V AUX outputs
- Aux output for third hanger channel
- 2U High-quality aluminum rackmount chassis with front-panel power switch
- Connectors: 2 x Neutrik XLR inputs; 4 x Argento Audio 3-way binding posts for banana connector, bare wire or spades
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 19″ x 3-5/8” x 10-1/4″ (483 x 88 x 260 mm)
- Weight: 12 lb. (5.5 kg)
|Dimensions||260 x 88 x 483 in|
|Watts Per Side||
2x 50W (at 4 ohms)
100kHz load-independent (-3dB)